Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

The Good

Time for a list of positivity:

• The leaves here are turning very beautiful colours.

• I realized Korean food can be verrry tasty. Thank you Sunny and Sivakami :)


• Friends friends friends friends... they are what make everything bearable. I love you all so very much. As A1 has said, Dsquared is the best medicine! Little does she know that she is pretty darn good medicine herself. ... Actually, I think she does know. I told her.

• Speaking of friends, a couple of mine discovered a most excellent study nook, which I now like to frequent. Here's a photo of the space in the library bookshelves, and a view from the window beside it:


• Physics - discussing black holes. And anti-matter. YES. I also am thoroughly enjoying the playing out of Big Bang Theory-esque physics nerd stereotypes... My TAs for the course are the bomb, as some might say... So incredibly adorable! The theoretical physics department is seriously awesome. Here's a picture of Erwin Schrödinger that hangs just outside the washroom:
• One good mark. Yay for logic. But that was before I took eight hours to complete a 1-2 hour take-home midterm... Oh right! Back to positivity. Looks fun, n'est-ce pas?
• Fantaisiste - it's a good word! Ça veut dire: odd. eccentric. far-fetched.

• MUSIC. J'adore Félix Leclerc. Il me fait sourire peu importe ce qui s'est passé pendant la journée ! - Voici "Moi, mes souliers":

Now tell me that didn't at least make you smile.

• Church. I feel so blessed to have found RBC. I don't think I've ever liked church this much. Which is probably because it becomes something a lot more meaningful when you're not in a Christian school with only Christian friends and chapel and youth every week. Plus there are so many amazing people there - truly welcoming.

• Maman et Papan m'ont visitée !

• Speaking French and noticing serious improvement - it really boosts my confidence whenever my Francophone friends tell me I'm actually pretty good... Just saying ;)

• Piano... I get to teach piano to the most adorable two younger girls. In French. Does it get much better?


5 comments:

  1. What a great exercise Christina,
    Remembering what is good! And the music was a perfect background to read it all!!!!
    I think I will try that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey is great medicine! Though I think it's very symbiotic. I'm sure you hear it from her all the time already but she really loves and appreciates you. You can't hang out with Audrey without hearing about her favorite people, and you are definitely one of them.

    Your parents are great! And I love that picture of them, hah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, it really was a good exercise - I was thinking of doing three blog postings, the good, the bad, and the ugly, but after writing this one, I started to find it harder to think of negative things haha. So I highly recommend lists of positivity :)

    That is so fantastic to hear; thanks for passing that on Davey :) It's fun to have a third party tell you that you're appreciated by someone because then it's like proof! I just love that girl so much. Haha, and I happen to think my parents are pretty great too - I'm glad you share the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay new post! I'm glad you are focusing on the positive things... it does make such a difference, non?
    p.s. hope the strike is done and classes are back to normal
    xoxo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it really does make all the difference in the world!
    Unfortunately the strike is not over, and the two groups are currently taking a break from negotiations... I am just hoping that things are settled for the winter term!
    To add to the drama, last Thursday there was a Québec-wide protest by Cégep and university students against proposed tuition hikes; a large group of protestors here in Montréal ended up on McGill campus in front of the administration building, and some things got out of hand, leading to riot police coming to disperse the crowd - tear gas, pepper spray, and all. A little extreme to say the least.

    ReplyDelete